If you would like to become a member of the Keeper's Corner LLC store you will need to know some general information. Please read all of the information contained in this section including the General Information Sheet, The Vendor Contract, The Consignment Contract and The Vendor Policy Sheet. Some basic information includes:
1. You will need to sign a 6 month contract to start with. The contract is month to month after the first 6 month period.
2. A 30 day written notice, given before the 1st of the month, must be given before a Vendor can vacate their booth(s) or display area(s).
3. Vendors can sell anything that is approved by store managment. Items that are not allowed include, but are not limited to, guns, drugs, alcohol products, large knives, weapons, gasoline engine items etc. Vendors must check with managemnet before bringing questionable items in for sale.
4. Vendors are paid for the previous months sales on or before the 5th of the month.
5. Rent is due on or before the 10th of the month. A late fee of $10.00 is charged if rent is paid late.
General Information Sheet
Keeper’s Corner LLC
Antique, Craft, and Collectible Mall
195 East Main Street
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
Keeper’s Corner is a retail store for Antique, Collectible, Craft and other vendors to sell their products. Interested vendors can lease a space at a fixed monthly rate. Each vendor provides their own decorations and displays, unless other arrangements are made with the management.
• 10AM-5 PM January thru March -Monday thru Saturday
• 10AM-6PM April thru December - Monday thru Saturday
• Closed Sundays
Vendor Booth Rental/ Commission Fees:
• $2.50 per square foot for total area up to 99 square feet. Examples: (4x6=24x $2.50 = $60.00) (5x8=40x $2.50= $100.00)
• $2.25 per square foot for total area 100-199 square feet. Examples: (5x20=100x $2.25 = $225.00) (5x30=150x $2.25= $337.50)
• $2.00 per square foot for total area 200 square feet and up. Examples: (5x40=200x $2.00 = $400.00) (5x60=300x $2.00= $600.00)
• Management will determine fees on secured glass cases, wall spaces and other available spaces
• 12% commission on all sales
• Note: Booth sizes can vary according to vendors needs and spaces available
• Minimum six (6) month contract is required. Month to month after that period
• First month’s rent is payable at the time contract is signed
• Thirty day written notice is required to terminate lease agreement (after 6 month minimum has been fulfilled)
• Beginning partial month can be pro-rated but is not considered as part of your six month commitment
• A one time accounting setup fee is required (non-refundable)
• Vendors are paid once per month including detailed accounting of sales
• Rent is due by the 10th of each month
• Vendors are required to work eight (8) hours per month for customer service or pay a non-work fee (some exceptions may apply)
• Vendors may sell antiques, collectibles, craft items or other items approved by the management
Owners and Operators: Scott and Bonnie Teeples (Home phone 541-882-4374, Bonnie’s cell 541-891-2662, Scott’s cell 541-891-6456)
KEEPER’S CORNER, LLC
195 East Main Street
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
Vendor Lease Contract (4/03/2009)
THIS LEASE AGREEMENT, entered into on _____________________, 20_________ (date) by and between KEEPER’S CORNER LLC, hereafter referred to as “Landlord”, and_____________________________(Vendor's
Name) hereafter referred to as “Tenant”.
1.) That the said Landlord in consideration of the covenants and agreements to be performed by Tenant and upon the terms and conditions herein after stated does hereby lease unto Tenant space in KEEPERS CORNER for a period of no less than 6 months beginning on________________(date), and ending _________________.
2.) Tenant agrees to pay to the Landlord rent at the rate of $________________per month, due and payable on or before the tenth day of each month. A late fee of $10.00 shall be assessed to Tenant’s installment if rent is not received or postmarked by the tenth of the month. Should Tenants installment reach thirty (30) days past due, Tenant shall be in violation of this lease contract which will entitle Landlord to all Tenant’s inventory and any sales of Tenant’s inventory to be applied to the unpaid rent. Vendor sales checks will be held pending payment of rent. In the event that a rent check is returned from the bank for insufficient funds Tenant will pay Keeper’s Corner the amount of the check plus a fee of $35.00 and bank charges.
3.) Tenant shall make use of the leased premises for no other purpose than to sell hand-crafted items,
approved retail, and/or antique/collectible merchandise specified by this lease unless otherwise authorized by
Landlord. Tenant shall not conduct or permit any practice which may cause harm or nuisance to the
premises or other tenants of the premises. No other business or conduct which is unlawful or a violation of
any public or city ordinance will be permitted. Under no circumstances shall the Tenant sublease this space.
4.) Tenant agrees to maintain premises in good, clean, safe order including any cost and maintenance of
Tenant made additions to premises which require management approval prior to installation. Painting of
booths must be approved by management. Tenant agrees to display merchandise in a manner that allows both customer and staff complete access to all merchandise. Tenant agrees to re-merchandise and clean booth on a regular basis. Tenant agrees to display merchandise within the parameters of their booth. Tenant agrees to stock, display, and maintain booth during business hours. All tenants will vacate store prior to close, tenants doing their service shift will be asked to remain until all customers and vendors have left the store.
5.) Tenant agrees that Landlord does not, and will not at any time, provide for fire, theft or damage
insurance or any other insurance concerning Tenant’s property.
6.) Tenant agrees that Landlord shall not be held responsible or liable for any damage to Tenant or Tenant's property arising from any actions, negligence or suits of Tenants, any Tenant of the building of which the premises are a part, or due to any other causes whatsoever. Tenant agrees to hold Landlord harmless from any and all claims for any damage to or theft of any properties and for any product liability claims.
7.) Tenant agrees to pay to Landlord a 12% commission on all item sales. Commissions are automatically deducted from sales.
8.) Business schedule runs from the first day of each month through the last day of each month. Sales receipts taken in during this period will be paid by check to Tenant on the 5th of the following month. Sales are recorded at the point of sale; all tags from sold merchandise are returned to tenant with paycheck. If Tenant desires monthly sales check to be mailed, a self-addressed, stamped, business size envelope must be provided. It is the Tenant's responsibility to pay any and all state, federal, and sales tax due on their sales.
9.) Returned checks from customers written for goods will not be deducted from tenant sales.
10.) Landlord will not be responsible for mislabeled prices or Identification number on vendor merchandise.
11.) Tenant agrees to work two four hour shifts at KEEPER’S CORNER each month OR pay an additional $30.00 per month Non-Work Fee. A work calendar becomes available on the 5th of each month for the following month's work scheduling.
a.) For a NO CALL/NO SHOW on a scheduled work shift, an additional $10.00 per 4 hour shift will be charged Tenant.
b.) Those Tenants living over 50 mi. from the store are exempt from work or fee.
c.) In no event shall Tenant be considered an employee, agent, or workman of the Landlord.
12.) Tenant agrees to participate in any promotions to include discounting merchandise for special and annual events. Prior notice from Landlord will be given. Tenant allows the store to discount 10% to verified antique dealers only, without a call to Tenant. Offers by customers will be noted and attempt made to contact the dealer.
13.) Remote Vendors: Booths can be set up by management staff and stocked on a regular basis. Booth will be kept fresh and merchandise well displayed. Tenant is responsible for tracking inventory, management tracks Tenant sales. Tenant may send an inventory list with shipments and it will be kept on file. Upon termination of lease, all merchandise will be packaged and shipped via UPS at the expense of vendor. Submit all special instructions for packing or shipping in writing.
14.) Tenant agrees that management reserves the right to increase Tenants rent rate if necessary, with thirty day prior notification and agrees to pay any new rent rate. If a rent increase goes into effect, Tenants still under the six month lease agreement will not have rent raised until after the six month agreement is up and Tenant is operating on a month-to-month basis. Tenant agrees that Management reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate this lease agreement at anytime without cause or prior notification to tenant. Any merchandise (except merchandise on lay-a-way) or personal property left by Tenant after vacating shall become the property of Landlord.
15.) Landlord agrees to promote the premises and tenants of the premises through various advertising methods.
16). Merchandise or display items left on the premises after booth is vacated, will become the property of KEEPER’S CORNER after 30 days.
17.) Any holding over by Tenant after the expiration of this lease, or any extension thereof, shall be as a
tenancy from month to month. Such tenancy shall be subject to all conditions, provisions and obligations of
this lease, as the same are applicable to a month to month tenancy. This provision shall not be construed as
an extension of the lease, but is to define any holding over with or without consent of the Landlord. In the
event Tenant wishes to vacate at or after the expiration of this lease, a thirty day written notice to Landlord is required and must be received or postmarked by the 1st day of the month or an additional months' rent will be charged.
Tenant Signature Date
Address Vendor ID#__________
Phone Number Space Size___________
Amount Due at signing of Lease:
First month rent $ _________ Receipt #__________
One time Accounting Setup Fee $ 10.00 Book #_____________
Any partial month prorate
( days X $ per day) $ _________ Total $_____________
Keeper’s Corner LLC Authorized signature
_______________________________________ Date _________________________
Bonnie Teeples or Scott Teeples----Owners
Keeper’s Corner LLC
Keeper’s Corner LLC and the consignment vendor agree to the following policies on consignment items:
• All items for consignment sales must be approved by either Scott or Bonnie Teeples (owners of Keeper’s Corner LLC).
• All items for consignment sales must be larger items that would not normally be sold in booths or display cases.
• All items for consignment sales must be of an agreed upon value of not less than $100.
• The selling price of the consignment item must be agreed upon by both the vendor and Keeper’s Corner LLC. The selling price cannot be changed without approval of both the vendor and Keeper’s Corner LLC.
• Consignment vendor agrees to a 10% Dealer Discount allowed for verified dealers only.
• All items for consignment sales can only be left on consignment for a maximum of 60 (sixty) days from the start of this contract. If the consignment item is not sold in 60 days the vendor may apply for a new contract if approved by Keeper’s Corner LLC.
• All items for consignment sales will be at 65% for the vendor and 35% for Keeper’s Corner. Payment for sold consignment items will be on the 5th of the month following the sale.
• Any consignment item left more than 30 days past the expiration of the consignment contract will become property of Keeper’s Corner LLC.
• Any violation of the above policies will cause this contract to be null and void.
• Consignment vendor agrees that Keeper’s Corner LLC does not, and will not at any time, provide for fire, theft or damage insurance or any other insurance concerning the consignment vendor’s property.
• Consignment vendor agrees that Keeper’s Corner LLC shall not be held responsible or liable for any damage to Consignment vendor or Consignment vendor’s property arising from any actions, negligence or suits of Tenants, any Tenant of the building of which the premises are a part, or due to any other causes whatsoever. Tenant agrees to hold Landlord harmless from any and all claims for any damage to or theft of any properties and for any product liability claims.
Item for consignment sale _________________________________________________
Value of consignment item (selling price) $ ____________________________________
Starting date of contract _________________ Ending date of contract _______________
Assigned Consignment Vendor # ________________
Vendor __________________________________________ Date __________________
Address__________________________________________ Phone Number___________
Keeper’s Corner LLC __________________________________ Date _______________
(Scott or Bonnie Teeples)
Vendor Policy Sheet
Keeper’s Corner LLC
Vendor Policy Information
1. IMPORTANT!!!! Your properly filled out tags equal your money!! Make sure all tags are legible and all required information is present on ONE side of the tag. Information needed: vendor number, BRIEF description of item, and price. Tags must be at least one inch by one inch and can either be tied or taped on the item. PLEASE, sticky tags are not allowed. If you use inventory numbers or codes, please put them on the BACK of the tag. Tags without proper vendor numbers will be held for identification for one month from the purchase date.
Vendor Number 219
Item Description Example: 14" Brass Bowl
If you choose to use computer generated or printed tags, please get management approval before going to the cost of printing.
2. Rent is due by the 10th of each month. The rent covers from the 1st to the final day of the month. A late fee of $10.00 will be assessed for rent received after the 10th of the month.
3. Paychecks will be available to you on the 5th of the month. If you want your check mailed, you must provide a self addressed, stamped, business size envelope.
4. Items allowed for sale in Keeper’s Corner are: handcrafted items, antiques and collectibles, and manufactured items approved by Keeper’s Corner owners.
5. Vendors wishing to install upper sides of lattice or wire mesh must get management approval.
6. Vendors can use wallpaper borders if it is attached to a board and then installed in the booth.
7. If in doubt about anything, do not hesitate to ask. We want your experience in Keeper’s Corner to be enjoyable and profitable for you.
8. Each vendor in Keeper’s Corner must work eight hours a month in the store providing customer service, store security, and counter help as needed. You may choose to work an all day shift, or two four hour shifts. A calendar for workday sign up will be available on the 5th of each month for the following months work schedule. Management determines the number of shifts available on each day. If you choose not to work, a non-work fee of $30.00 can be paid for another vendor to cover your shifts.
9. If you sign up for a work time and do not show up, a penalty fee of $10.00 per shift will be assessed and added to the non-work fee.
10. Vendors living beyond 50 miles from Klamath Falls will not be required to work or pay the work fee. Some exceptions may apply.
11. Please be on time for your scheduled work shift. If you cannot work due to illness, call Keeper’s Corner as soon as you can so a replacement for your shift can be called in.
12. Your duties will include, but not be limited to: customer help, light cleaning of windows and floors, returning items to proper booths, help at the counter with clipping and counting items, wrapping and bagging merchandise, and restocking remote vendor merchandise.